Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to GetJobs!
Go back to the Job List
Head of Engineering (IT)Posted by: Pentasia
Posted date: 2012-Feb-22
Position Name: Head of Engineering (IT) – Ref: 12186
Location: Tallinn - Estonia
Job Category: IT Engineering
Employment Status: Full time
Description: Head of IT Engineering Team
Client: iGaming Vendor
• Provide direct supervision, managing and coaching a team of 40-45 IT Software engineers utilizing the following programming tools and operating systems: Windows, Unix, Microsoft Visual C# development tool, Microsoft.NET Framework, Microsoft C++, Java, SQL database language;
• Provide technical leadership, employee development and teambuilding;
• Focus on high quality, continuous improvement and on time delivery;
• Manage teams software engineering schedules;
• Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of software, including technical review and analysis of source code;
• Monitor technology trends such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities;
• Develop and execute engineering plans and manage resource allocation;
• Communicate with multiple teams & stakeholders to provide fluidity of information;
• Encourage innovation of process and methodologies;
• The manager will need to work closely with client’s IT counterparts in Stockholm, London and Las Vegas to synchronize development and releases;
• Hire, develop, mentor, motivate and retain talent;
• It may require some travel to other IT offices (Stockholm, San Francisco, etc.).
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent IT degree required;
• 15+ years of experience;
• 8+ years of management or technical leadership experience;
• Intimate working knowledge of C#, Java, SQL or related programming language;
• Experience with thin client and/or mobile application development a plus;
• A good understanding of Object Oriented Design principles is a plus;
• Experience leading teams to implement cutting edge thin client or peer-to-peer games will send you to the top of the list;
• Strategic development and technical expertise with ASP, APS.NET, SQL, TCP/IP, SSL, .NET, UML, Web Services, WCF, WPF;
• Experience in testing scalable, enterprise class, high performance software;
• Able to manage time effectively and set priorities;
• Able to gather and understand requirements, both technical and business needs by asking the right questions and careful preparation;
• A tenacious self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Action-orientated and comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Team management & leadership skills with cross functional and international teams;
• Past experience with online gaming preferred though not mandatory;
• EU CITIZEN (no Visa sponsorship provided).
Language required: English (Mandatory); Estonian is a plus.
Salary: Attractive depends on experience – Fixed part plus M.B.O.
Relocation support provided.
n.b. Interviews scheduled with our client in Tallinn the day 2 March 2012
If you are interested please send to Dr. Angelo Chirulli your cv, salary and availability with Ref. Head of Engineering (IT) - # 12186 to angelo.chirullipentasia.com
Thank you in advance.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).