Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to GetJobs!
Go back to the Job List
ART CliniciansPosted by: A.U. Consult
Posted date: 2015-Oct-29
Location: Niger Delta Region
* Provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
* Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients exposed to the insurgency, according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health conditions
* Carry out evaluation of psychological and mental health needs of patients and establish a plan of treatment
* Implement the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identify possible victims of SGBV and refer them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment. Carry out psychological support accordingly
* Be pro-active in meeting the patients and have capacity to adapt and work in non-classical context
* Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
* Work in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure that appropriate terminology and behaviour are used during sessions.
* Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
* Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential
* Ensure partnership with any other actors involved in Mental Health
* Diagnose any psychological or psychiatric disorder and if necessary, refer the patient to the medical team/psychiatric hospital in order to receive drug treatment.
* Inform the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness
* Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary in order to provide the most appropriate treatment
* Work along with the medical teams to ensure a comprehensive approach of all patients treated