Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to GetJobs!
Go back to the Job List
Consultant in Acute MedicinePosted by: PhD-Jobs.NET
Posted date: 2017-May-28
£76,001 - £102,000
Vibrant Coastal location
State of the Art facilities
Good career development (incl. CESR support where applicable)
The post-holder will provide 8.5 sessions of Direct Clinical Care and 1.5 sessions are available for Supportive Programmed Activities.
There is no on-call commitment.
About the Post
The post holder will join a team of Acute Medicine Consultants:
* Supporting the delivery of patient care within the AMS in line with national standards and Care Quality Commission requirements.
* Have clinical and administrative responsibility for the effective running of the assessment unit and AECU.
* Provide strong clinical leadership to the assessment unit and AECU and support/ run the morning report and handover meetings.
* Promote a friendly and team based working environment – in line with our Trust Values.
* Be part of a seamless team responsible for providing care to medical patients being admitted as an emergency in ED, the Assessment Unit and AECU.
* Liaise closely with ED, medical and critical care, in-patient teams and primary and community services
* Actively participate in clinical audit and quality improvement initiatives.
* Appoint and supervise junior medical staff.
* Train and help to develop nursing and junior medical staff and students
* Agree and ensure clear processes for handover and specialty triage from the Acute Medical Service.
* Develop and continually improve clinical guidelines, community protocols and best practice for the management of a wide range of acute medical presentations and admissions, including further development of Ambulatory Care Pathways.
Person Specification: Full GMC Registration
MBBS or equivalent
MRCP or equivalent
Consultant level experience
Evidence of service improvement experience
Excellent networking skillsUnderstanding of current issues within Acute Medicine and future direction of specialty
ALS or equivalent
Evidence of continual personal learning and development
Please send your CV mentioning reference UK-50 at infophd-jobs.net
Tel.: +44 20 8144 2822
Contact person: Vitaly Pryadka